This affirmation speaks to me, as I begin to follow an enlightened path..As I am learning more and meditating more, I am finding that I have begun to shed so many of the old negative energies/triggers that have been causing me so much pain and illness in the past. Instead, I am sitting still, listening to my own heart and designing my idea of a peaceful life..at least as peaceful as possible. In a world that requires us to deal with reality, life is not always peaceful, is it?
However, no matter how stressful our life may be at times, there is one thing that we can all do that will help us to acheive love, joy and freedom!
Avoid ENERGY VAMPIRES!
What or who is an Energy Vampire?
- Intruding on your life, ignoring boundaries and privacy (energy vampires don’t think of you).
- Making big deals out of nothing. Energy vampires are often called “drama queens” because they can easily turn a broken nail into a Shakespearean tragedy. Negative energy spreads from everyday events.
- Complaining constantly about their partners, jobs, children, bad luck, and illnesses. Energy vampires like to vent.
- Criticizing your hair, appearance, job, children, partner, friends, and pets (energy vampires aren’t positive).
- Not taking “no” for an answer. Energy vampires don’t consider your needs.
- Being unrelentingly negative. Their negative energy is relentless, and energy vampires drain your positive energy by encouraging you to be negative, too.
- Blaming everyone else for their problems (energy vampires don’t take responsibility).
- Always taking form you. Energy vampires have no problem borrowing money, asking you to pay for items (indirectly)…they are always broke. Even when they are shopping at Nordies!
OK, so your cubicle partner is a Debbie Downer, and your neighbor is a gossip queen. Here is now you can try to make the situation better!
11 Ways to Protect Yourself From Energy Vampires:
- Limit the amount of time you spend with energy vampires. The less time you’re together, the less positive energy you’ll lose.
- Learn effective ways to end conversations with energy vampires (eg, I only have ten minutes to talk.”)
- Stay calm and detached from energy vampires. Don’t let their negative energy consume you.
- Be honest about your needs (eg, “I need this time to work/read/relax/exercise.”)
- Refrain from attempting to rescue them or fix an energy vampire’s problems.
- Practice walking away from energy vampires.; the more you do it, the easier it gets.
- Limit eye contact with energy vampires.
- Avoid being in close spaces with energy vampires (elevators, cars, etc). Negative energy is catching.
- Define and guard your personal space from energy vampires.
- Tell energy vampires you feel uncomfortable discussing particular people or circumstances.
- Stand up for yourself and your boundaries! Your time, positive energy, and resources are precious and should be closely guarded from energy vampires.
Peace and love. Bren