This Holiday season, we have so much to be thankful for. It certainly is a time for our family to want to share our Blessings by helping others. I am inviting anyone to help us with our Holiday-cause this year.
Blue Star Moms – moms who have joined together to share their pride, their devotion and their worries for their sons and daughters currently serving in all branches of the Armed Forces of the United States, and their sons and daughters who are now veterans (www.bluestarmoms.org).
It seems like everyone we speak to these days has been affected by the war – almost everyone can say we know of someone serving. The Dronkers family is proud of all military members and veterans, especially from our local community and of course, our very own family members and friends: Anthony E. Dronkers – Pvt. U.S. Cavalry, James Dronkers – Sgt. Maj. (POW) Royal Dutch Army, William Hubbell – Sgt. U.S. Air Force, John Dronkers – Sgt. U.S. Army, Eddie Kamei – Sgt. U.S. Army, Berno Dronkers – Tech Sgt. U.S. Air Force, Dave Dronkers – Staff Sgt. U.S. Air Force, Anthony Dronkers – Lt. Col. U.S. Air Force, Ruby Jason-Dronkers – R.N. Sgt. U.S. Army, Patrick Dronkers – Master Chief Petty Officer U.S. Navy, Mary Dronkers – Chief Petty Officer U.S. Navy, Matt Grubb – Pvt. U.S. Army, John Leetch – Lt. U.S. Air Force.
The care packages include a variety of products, such as chapstick, decks of cards, gum, lighters, antibacterial cleaner, etc…, all in a zippered pouch and you can include a personal message in a holiday greeting card to go along with the pouch. There are two ways to get this pouch on it’s way to a deserving soldier or sailor – you can purchase the pouch for a discounted price of $15 or spend $30 on Thriving Ink and Co. merchandise and the pouch will be included.
Also, we will have a barrel out for the next week if you want to drop off the items that they need and we will make sure we deliver everything to the troops via Blue Star Moms!
Thriving Ink & Co.
520 Main Street
Pleasanton, CA 94566
WHAT TO DONATE:
Suggested Donations for “Holiday Hugs” Care Packages. They can’t ship glass containers, so plastic or metal only please! Also, peanut butter crackers and snack food items cannot be accepted at this time.
• Envelopes for powdered Hot drinks – hot chocolate, spiced cider, tea bags
• Envelopes for powedered Cold drinks – Propel, Crystal Light, Kool-Aid
• Envelopes for hot cereals – oatmeal, Cream of Wheat, instant soup mixes
• Foil-pouched tuna or chicken-lunch kits
• Beef jerky or Slim Jims
• Nuts-all kinds including flavored Corn Nuts
• Protein Bars – Power Bars
• Peanut butter-small containers (no glass please)
Snacks-Individually Wrapped Packages
• Trail mix, Sunflower seeds, Microwave popcorn
• Crackers-Cheese, Ritz Bits, Goldfish
• Cookies, Breakfast bars, Granola bars
• Fruit snacks – Fruit rollups, Gushers, Dried fruit
• Black or white COTTON athletic socks
• Dark colored knit hats
• Men’s flip flops (L, XL)
Personal Items-Travel Size
• Powder-Gold Bond, foot and baby powder
• Baby wipes, lip balm with SPF
• Waterless hand sanitizer,
• Batteries (preferably AA)
• disposable hand and foot warmers
Stocking Stuffers and Entertainment
• Silly putty, Nerf balls, Tennis balls, Frisbees, Yo-yos, Pocket Magna Doodle, Rubik’s Cube, Etch A Sketch
• Slinkies, Hacky-Sacks, Velcro dart games
• Books, Comic Books, CD’s, DVD’s
• Small Crossword puzzle, Word search and Soduko books
• Ground coffee (Peets and Starbucks are popular)
• Christmas Stockings (any size)
You can make a difference with a small gesture.. One ripple creates a wave. Happy Holidays to all.